Conditions for the Hire of Rooms and Cookies Policy
1. The Foundry (“the Company”) accepts the request for the hire of rooms (“the Booking”) upon the terms and conditions set out below. The person making the request is “the
Customer”. The terms of the Booking may only be varied by the written consent of the Company by an authorised representative of the Company.
2. The Company reserves the right to refuse entry to persons if, in the Company‟s opinion, such persons cannot be safely accommodated in the rooms allocated or if such numbers would be likely to cause a breach of any regulations affecting the Company. At the Company‟s discretion, and subject to availability, additional rooms may be made available, with the Customer‟s consent, to accommodate additional persons. In such event an additional charge will be made for the accommodation made available.
a. An initial payment of 50% of the anticipated total cost to the Customer as notified to the Customer by the Company shall be paid by the Customer to the Company at the time the Booking is confirmed by the Company.
b. Payment of the remaining balance of the total cost shall be made by the Customer to the Company within 14 days of the event.
c. The Company reserves the right to retain any payments received when a cancellation is made of the Booking in accordance with the cancellation charges set out in clause 4.
d. The Company reserves the right to cancel the Booking (and, where appropriate, require the Customer and its staff, employees and invitees to leave) in the event of the Customer failing to perform any of its obligations herein.
4. If this contract shall be terminated or cancelled by the Company in accordance with 3d above, or by the Customer, the Customer will pay the Company (together, where chargeable, with the Value Added Tax) 10% of the anticipated total cost at the Company‟ current normal charges if the termination or cancellation takes place 31-45 days before the date booked; 50% of the anticipated total cost at the Company‟ current normal charges if the termination or cancellation takes place 15-31 days before the date booked; 100% of such amount if the termination or cancellation takes place within 14 days of the date booked. If the cancellation takes place 31-45 days before the date booked a 10% administration fee will be charged.
a. The Company‟s liability to the Customer if it fails to carry out its obligations shall be no greater than the amount already paid by the Customer to the Company in respect of the Booking.
b. If for reasons beyond the Company‟ control the accommodation reserved cannot be made available to the Customer the Company reserves the right to substitute similar or comparable accommodation and such substitution shall be accepted by the Customer as satisfactory performance by the Company of its obligations hereunder to provide the accommodation so reserved.
The Company does not accept liability for the loss or damage to any object, equipment,
furniture, stock or other property of any sort brought onto the premises by the Customer
or hired by the Company on the Customer‟s behalf howsoever such loss or damage may
occur except as a direct result of the Company‟ negligence in which case the Company‟
liability is limited to a maximum of £100 per item or a total of £2,500.
d. The Customer acknowledges that any such objects, equipment, furniture, stock or other
property of any sort will remain under the control and care of the Customer and that the
Customer is in the best position to insure such property and accordingly it is reasonable
for the Company to exclude liability for such property to the extent excluded hereby.
e. Nothing in the clause affects the Company‟s liability for personal injury or death suffered by the
Customer as a result of the Company‟ negligence.
6. The Customer agrees the Company‟s premises shall be vacated at the time agreed between
the Customer and the Company.
7. The Customer agrees to pay the Company‟s charges for any goods and service provided by
the Company at the request of the Customer or any person purporting to act on behalf of
the Customer and having ostensible authority to do so other than those the subject of
other provision of this contract.
8. The Customer will take every precaution not to damage nor injure any person or any property
of the Company. The Customer shall satisfy all claims founded on any such damage or
injury whether such claims are made by the Company or by a third party against the
Company or the Customer. The Customer agrees to indemnify the Company from and
against claims by third parties (including the employees, staff and sub-contractors of the
Customer) in connections with the Event. Notwithstanding the foregoing nothing in this
condition shall render the Customer liable in respect of any death, injury or damage
caused solely by any negligent act or omission of the Company, its servants or agents.
a. The Customer will ensure the orderly and seemly conduct of all persons using the Company‟s
facilities. The Company reserves the right to exclude or eject any persons from the
Premises whom it shall reasonably consider objectionable and the Customer will be liable
for any liability arising thereby save where the Customer establishes negligence or bad
faith by the Company.
b. The Customer will provide full details of the function in respect of which the Booking is made
and any other information which the Company may require.
c. The Customer will ensure that the function will not be conducted and that persons attending it
will not behave in any way which will or may constitute a breach of the law or cause a
nuisance or be an infringement of or occasion for or render possible forfeiture or
endorsement or non-renewal of licenses for the premises or conflict with the Company‟s
10. Any food or drink obtained through an external caterer must leave the room cleared away afterwards of any rubbish/items or a fee would be charged.
11. To protect the living conditions of neighbouring occupiers the Company has a Management
Plan for the roof terraces. The roof terraces will only be available for use by organisations
who have booked meeting room space in meeting rooms 4, 5 and 6. These meeting
rooms each have a maximum number of delegates of 40. The maximum numbers will be
strictly enforced. The roof terraces will be used for breakout spaces from these meeting
rooms: presentations, etc. will be limited to internal areas only.
Informal access to the roof terraces will not be allowed and doors to this area will be
locked when there are no room bookings.
All conditions of use will be specified in the written 'terms and conditions', which will be
included on the bookings website and in booking confirmations. They will make clear that
breaches of any condition, including the terrace curfew, would jeopardise the
organisation's chances of booking space in future.
The conditions of use will make it clear that:
• No-one is to use the terrace areas after 7.00pm
• No amplified music is allowed at any time on the terrace areas
• The terrace areas (along with the rest of the property) are strictly no smoking.
Staff will be on-site whenever the meeting rooms are in use and ensure that the „curfew‟
is strictly observed.
Any organisation breaching these regulations or otherwise unreasonably impacting
negatively on the living conditions of neighbours will be subject to sanctions including
being barred from booking any meeting spaces in the building.
12. COVID-19 Clause. Both parties acknowledge the ongoing COVID-19 crisis in the UK and
accept their obligation to comply with any official guidance from UK Government. The
parties agree to communicate without delay any issues they may have in performing their
obligations under this agreement. You [The customer] acknowledge that COVID-19
regulations imposed by the government may require us to take one or more of the
following measures for the safety of our staff and the safety of delegates attending the
event to which this booking relates: (i) impose maximum delegate numbers at the event;
(ii) limit food or drink availability; (iii) impose specific requirements regarding personal
protective equipment such as the wearing of masks; (iv) limit any planned entertainment
for your event; (v) designate alternative entrance and exit routes. In some circumstances
we might consider revising your booking fee if the room you have cannot accommodate
the numbers needed due to 2m social distancing rule. If we are obliged to close our venue,
due to specific Government restrictions, we may offer you an alternative date for the event
but if that cannot be agreed the booking will be deemed cancelled and your deposit will be
returned in full with no further payment required
13. The following terms (together with the terms referred to therein) govern your use of
carefully before you start to use the site. By using the site, you accept these terms of
use and agree to abide by them.
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile
devise when you first visit a site or a page. The cookie will help the website to
recognize you the next time you visit.
What Cookies we use
Cookies on the site are referred to as Performance Cookies. These cookes allow us to
analyse how visitors use the site and to monitor website performance. We might use
performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of
linking between pages is most effective and to determine why some pages are
receiving error messages.
How are they monitored?
The Performance cookie software we use is Google Analytics. This software stores
trends that may include information such as your chosen browser, page views,
session length, etc.. No personal or identifiable information is collected or used.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which
allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you
may be unable to access certain parts of the site. Unless you have adjusted your